weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

relationships

I wonder sometimes how relationships work. This only comes to mind because of how close I became with the people who went to Scotland with me, how much I miss them, yet don't feel the same connection with a lot of the people I'm around all the time. I guess if I was away for a longer period of time I might miss them too. We prayed for the Lord to knit our hearts together even before we left and oh how He did. Must be something about going through the trenches with someone. But, are we in the trenches everyday? Constantly part of the spiritual battle going on around us. Should we be anyway? People walk in and through our lives every single day who need to know the saving grace and blood of Jesus, or who know it and need a little encouragement. Oh that we (I) could be about the Father's business constantly! I know on a short-term mission trip, or a camp or a retreat that it is just so in your face, that 'life' doesn't distract from seeking His face continually. We should pray for blinders then, not that we don't take care of 'life' but that we see Him and seeking Him first in anything.

Over time my missing my Scotland teammates will subside. It happens, I know. I don't look forward to it though. Thankfully we have pictures, so far over 2000 on just one DVD, haven't put the other one in yet! Thankfully we also have Facebook to help us stay in touch. Most of all, thankfully we have eternity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment