weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - what a year!

I guess having a blog means I should have a recap of the previous year, at least I feel like writing one :)

2010 brought so many things into my life, things I never really thought possible.  I lost 40 pounds and I completed 2 5k's and 1 10k.  I'm (at least a little bit) less in debt than when I started.  I went to Scotland, Kansas City and Denver twice.  I attended a MS support group.  I blogged, fairly faithfully.  I started the process of a promotion at work, and got my highest performance rating since I started there 10 years ago.  All in all, gotta be one of my best years.

Considering last year was one of the worse anyway.  Depression sucks.

I did a personality study for work that gave me insight into who I am, who God made me to be.  Discovered my love and talent of photography and other visual arts, which lead me to join the tech team at church.  I know now that I'm a numbers driven person, not a people driven person, at least at work.  I get highly emotional about things, but tend to bottle it all up.  I see situations in black & white, maybe not the same black/white of others, but I have some strong convictions.  I'm loyal.  I'm not a self-started.  

In the past couple weeks I discovered I'm a Twilight fan, really didn't think that would happen.  

I started the year not knowing if God was really real.  I needed Him to amaze me, to remind me how real He is.  He did, in so many ways.  A lot through the mission trip to Scotland, how it all worked out.  Through the emotional battle I've had with being single.  I feel closer to Him, closer than I have in a long time, if ever.

Well, what does 2011 have in store?  No one can really know.  Some of things I'm working towards are to lose the last 30 pounds, to complete 6 5k's, to pay off more debt, to take another international mission trip (hopefully to China in November!).  Not sure what else.  I know God has plans for me, plans to not harm me, plans to give me a future and a hope.   

No comments:

Post a Comment