weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 13, 2010

Crazy person

New verse to add to my favorites category: Proverb 12:10 "The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel."  I'm pretty sure I've read that a bunch of times, yet never noticed it.  I love my cat, he's my baby.  At least I'm not so 'crazy cat lady' that I have a bunch, right? I actually can't watch any of those commercials about supporting ASPCA or how Purina (I think) supports shelter dogs w/your purchase w/o crying!  I see a dead domesticated animal on the side of the road and my heart breaks.  Crazy?  Maybe a little, but I'm OK with that :D

I recently found some old pictures of myself, compared to a current one, and actually saw that I've lost weight (pictures are at the end of this blog).  I seriously have a hard time realizing that I've lost weight.  I know the scale says it (30+ lost so far) and people tell me I look better, and that my pants are bigger, but still don't get it.  Pants stretch, people are nice and I have more than 30 still to lose.  I think I can emphasize w/anorexics now.  All I see is what I have left to lose, or how horribly I went over my calorie 'budget' last night and didn't exercise.  I did 100 squats yesterday, just to see how many I could do.  I should be excited about that and consider it exercise, but I don't!!  This is why it means so much to me when people point out that I've lost weight.  I don't see it as a ego/pride boost, it reminds me that I am accomplishing something.

Yep, I'm messed up in the head.  At least I'm honest about it, right?!?! 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment