weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 1: Genesis 1 - 16

wow, what did I get myself into!?! :)  a lesson in discipline, that's what.  also think I should read bits throughout the day, instead of all at one time.  probably get more out of it.    anyway...

In the beginning, things were great, then they went to hell.  God made everything, blessed it.  He is the Creator of all, of EVERYTHING!!! that blows my mind!  He's so creative, has so much wisdom.  He is Creator and All-knowing... my brain can't handle that :)  So, who am I to tell Him what to do?  Seriously?  Hey, I know You set the universe in motion, made stars so big they make our sun look like a pin-prick, but could You hurry up and do this?  Wow, step back and think about that!  But in the same sense, He did/does all that, is so BIG, yet He knows every single hair on my head, every single cell in my body.  Listens to me, loves me.  Most of all, the Creator of all this and all that, died for me.  Because He loved me.  Little bitty, speck of dirt, wisp of breath, me!

never noticed before, that vegetation was created before time though.  Interesting, no spiritual insight to that, just an observation.  also noticed that it was probably His perfect plan for us to not eat animals.  We didn't in the garden, and its not mentioned until after the flood.  

Enoch was taken by God, and was no more.  Raptured?  Maybe, I want to walk that close with Him that He just decides to take me like that! :) 

Abram.  One of many that prove that God can use us and bless us, regardless of our shortcomings.  I'm sure he was a great guy, but not claiming his wife to save his own butt and listened to his wife to sleep with another woman to fulfill God's promise.  He did great things though.  He trusted the Lord, which made him righteous in the eyes of the Lord.  In the end, that's what matters: trusting the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment