weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

rise up again!

So, after talking about womaning-up and engaging in the fight... I failed miserably today! The enemy laid a trap and I walked headstrong into it. It looks so pretty, it won't hurt that bad, etc etc... ugh! It was a snare, ugly and mean. One that I've come across many, many times. Sometimes thinking I'll never defeat it. BUT, instead of hiding in the shadows and wallowing in a pity party by myself, putting the cover of shame over my head and letting the enemy have the full victory, I prayed and I confessed and I repented and I confided to a trusted friend. Now that's what I mean by engaging in the fight!! We are human and we are going to fail. Miserably sometimes, but the Lord stretches out His loving hand to pick us when we fall. To hold us close to His heart and heal the wounds. To give us the wisdom to overcome the tricks. We have to be willing to grab His hand and not sulk with our face in the mud though! Sometimes it does seem easier to lay there, huh? I know. And I have, many a time. This time however... I'm getting up, getting cleaned up, and going back at it. With new wisdom and resolve to continue the good fight. What about you? Wallowing in the mud or grabbing a hold of the loving hand that wants, oh so desperately, to help you up and hold you in His loving arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment