weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 4: Genesis 40 - 50

Starting today, I'm going to just add these to my other blog and label them B90 and close this one.  less to keep track of :)

So day 4 took me 4 days to read, but it is done!  

The story of Joseph... a man who got it, that God had it all worked out.  It's not you who sent me here, but God.  To forgive his brothers for selling him as a slave for so little money (less than $2 in today's terms), to face the false accusations of the man's wife and to be in prison and forgotten by those who he helped, wow, he understood God.  Do we?  Do I?  That we lose jobs, get jobs, make friends, lose friends, make money, lose money, go here and go there, all for His glory?  That He makes all things work for good?  For His plan?  He's in our yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever?  Wow!

One of my favorite verses is towards the end of Genesis.. Joseph said, after his brothers were still afraid that he would repay their sins to them after Jacob died, "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result..." (50:20)  Oh, that when people wrong me that I would have the wisdom to say that! 

Also...

So Israel's family moves to a country were they are surrounded by people who find them 'loathsome'.   And to the best land in the area.  God blessed them.  Nice!

Jacob, on his death-bed, blessed Joseph's sons, putting the younger above the older... why?  Not sure, but maybe something to do with him and Esau?  And when he blessed his own sons, he seem to favor the younger.  No insight here, just observations :)

Now, let's see if I can get Day 5 in this evening too?!?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment